Tuesday 13 September 2011

A Poetic View Of Alzheimers


Many thanks to Suzanne who contributed this poem and this is her perception on Alzheimers 

A Poetic View Of Alzheimers 
 By Suzanne

I look out the window and all I can see
Are the birds beckoning to me
With their tuneful melody.
~~~
I don’t know this place
I don’t know those who come
To visit me.
~~~
They are just faces and voices
But I see how upset they become
Because I do not know them.
~~~
I have a room with a balcony
French windows
A balustrade.
~~~
The door is locked
Just in case
 I try to leave this place.
~~~
But I do think
It  would be, better for me
To go home.
~~~
The air is hot
I pick the lock.
Finally, I am free.
~~~
I am up here looking down on me.
It is beautiful
Bright and glowing.
~~~
What is all the fuss I say?
About dying
Except for those you leave behind.
~~~
They will think I fell in a daze
It is kinder that way
Then they can let go.
~~~
My life flashes by
But I am smiling and glad
And not at all sad.

Henri Matisse

Read more about and from Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to contribute please leave your details.All feedback is welcomed ..Thank you x